Thursday, January 16, 2014

Semester End Blog
And Formal Assessment

     As we near the end of the first semester, I can't wait until semester break and the start of the second semester.  Actice learning has been even better ever since the last blog. At the beginning of the semester I didn't know many people in our class yet, I feel like I have taken a role by help setting up games or activites for the class. An example is when we play volleyball or basket ball, I would help get the pinnies or help set up the nets. Ever since my first high school year (which was last year in grade 8) I have noticed how big of an affect leadership has in active learning. Being a leader in a class takes a lot of courage, being a leader means you have to step up and take a role. Just by help setting up activities amd games for the class doesnt't cut it, but it is a good stepping stone to help move on foward. 

During the first semester I have also noticed improvement in myself. I noticed that I have been more open in class, such as participating in more activities and be more open minded toward others opinion like Mr.Vaughan said. An example would be today (Jan 16th 2014), instead of wanting to shoot hoops and play games, I was open minded and accepted the fact that blogs are important too. 

Overall, I think I deserve an 'A' as my letter grade this semester because I have been open minded and taken more of a role in class. As for my work habit, I think I should get a 'G' because I always come to class on time with my gym strips on. I plan to keep on pushing through semester two and keep getting better.


7 comments:

  1. I agree with you Mickey I have seen an improvement in your physical ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree because you had been a good leader and friend throught the year and helped others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah i think you deserve an A as well because you are good team player

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Mickey, he has been a good friend and he is very motivational

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Mickey and I think that he should deserve a A because he told me what to do when I wasn't quite sure on what to do, and I also think he should get a G because he is a nice guy and a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Mickey, leadership is important in Active Learning. Good job in taking steps by volunteering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fact that you have so many peers commenting on your blog speaks to the impact that you have in our class Mickey. Your words summarize beautifully that which we value in Sulli Active Learning: "I have noticed how big of an affect leadership has in active learning. Being a leader in a class takes a lot of courage, being a leader means you have to step up and take a role."

    Witnessing your growth since last year has been a joy Mickey. Last year in Discovery, I figured you for a shy, quiet, introvert and this year you are one of the most respected, vocal leaders in the class. I commend you for the courage and the investment in yourself to work at these skills. You made no reference to your fitness (and I respect this because you emphasized the social-emotional growth piece instead) but this might be something to include / document in future posts. Thanks for your exemplary post Mickey and for stepping outside of your comfort zone as this is where meaningful learning happens.

    ReplyDelete